Saturday, July 26, 2014

Great Rock Moments Captured On Video (1)

And when I touch you I feel happy inside - The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand

It was February 9th, 1964 and I was 2 years old, but if I had to pick a video moment that has had a big influence on my musical taste, it was The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show.  No I didn't watched it live, but I saw this clip many times in my teen years.  I love everything about it; the iconic background set; the way the 3 guitarists are lined up with the drums raised in the background; the way John Lennon stood and held his guitar; the way Paul McCartney sang with John; Ringo bopping his head to the beat; George's tapping his boot as he nails his guitar part; the energy and positive, happy vibe by all four members.

No comments:

Post a Comment