Saturday, January 4, 2014

Phil Everly: 1939-2014

Kentucky, you are the dearest land outside of Heaven to me;  Kentucky, I miss your laurels and your redbud trees;  When I die, I want to rest upon your graceful mountains so free for that is where God will look for me... The Everly Brothers - Kentucky

 
News has just came out that Phil Everly, one half of the brother vocal duo The Everly Brothers has died at age 74.  The Everly Brothers were huge in the late 50's/early 60's with their trademark high harmonies with hits like All I Have To Do is Dream, Wake Up Little Susie, Cathy's Clown and my personal favorite Bowling Green.  They were a big influence on many artists including The Beatles, The Beach Boys and Simon and Garfunkel.  Bye, Bye Love...

The Beatles - So How Come (No One Loves Me) (Everly Brothers Cover)

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Gone, Gone, Gone (Everly Brothers Cover)

Billie Joe Armstrong  & Norah Jones - Kentucky (Everly Brothers Cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment