Friday, November 2, 2012

Down The River to the Wrecking Ball

Tonight I hear the neighborhood drummer sound; I can feel my heart begin to pound... Bruce Springsteen - No Surrender

I am going to see Bruce Springsteen at the YUM Center in Louisville, KY this weekend.  This will be my 14th Springsteen concert.  It all started in 1980 on The River Tour.  After that show I was hooked!!  Since that time I collected all his music and up until his recent 2 tours, I had seed them all; failing to see him only on the Seeger Sessions and Working On a Dream Tours, in which he came nowhere near my town.  I have seen Bruce in 2 states and 4 different venues.  Here's the list:

  • 1980 - The River Tour (1 show)
  • 1984 - Born in the U.S.A. Tour (3 shows)
  • 1988 - Tunnel of Love Tour (1 show)
  • 1992 - Human Touch/Lucky Town Tour (1 show)
  • 1996 - The Ghost of Tom Joad Solo Tour (1 show)
  • 2000 - The Reunion Tour (2 shows)
  • 2002 - The Rising Tour (2 shows)
  • 2005 - Devils and Dust Solo Tour (1 show)
  • 2008 - Magic Tour (1 show)

No comments:

Post a Comment