Friday, February 10, 2017

The Rain, The Park & The Cowsills

I love the flower girl;  Was she real or just a dream to me... The Cowsills - The Rain the Park & Other Things

I have always loved The Cowsill's song The Rain, The Park & Other Things.  I heard the song as a child and also remember it being in the Dumb and Dumber movie.  I heard it recently and for whatever reason it hit me with it's hooks and it was like hearing the song anew.  I guess I never really listened as close before, but I paid attention to the lyrics, the harmonies and the instrumentation (which was all classic 60's style).





I guess I knew the Cowsills were a family band and were the inspiration for The Partridge Family.  I remember listening to the Continental Drifters in the 90's.  They were an Americana super band that featured former members of The dB's, The Bangles & The Dream Syndicate, as well as Susan Cowsill (of the Cowsills).  


The Cowsills


No comments:

Post a Comment