Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Concert of the Year

It's the end of the century and I can't think of anything but you, all, all, I, need,  I got you,  I got you, babe... Wilco - I Got You (At the End of the Century)


The concert of the year was the Americanarama Tour at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, Ohio.  I got to see Wilco & Richard Thompson for the first time, as well as My Morning Jacket for the second time and Bob Dylan for the sixth time.

The high point was Wilco; they played songs from throughout their career from I Got You (At the End of the Century), Hummingbird to It Dawned On MeRichard Thompson joined Jeff Tweedy and company for the Fairpoint Convention Song Sloth and Wilco's great California Stars.  They joined My Morning Jacket on their set to play George Harrison's Isn't It a Pity

My Morning Jacket's set was high octane with the crescendo of Wordless Chorus, Victory Dance and Gideon.  Front man, Jim James was very animated and entertaining.

Bob Dylan closed the night with a typical Dylan show, highlighted by Charlie Sexton's great guitar work.  Enigmatic as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment