Sunday, July 18, 2010

New York, New York

Livin’ in a city that never sleeps, My heart keepin’ time to a thousand beats;
Singin’ in languages I don’t speak, Livin’ in a city of immigrants... (Steve Earle - City of Immigrants)

I just got home from visiting New York, New York (what an amazing place). I got to see all the major sites; The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Natural History, 2 Broadway shows, Central Park, etc...

In Central Park I walked through Strawberry Fields, the area dedicated to John Lennon. According to the Central Park web page, the area was a favorite of John and Yoko who just lived across the street in Dakota Building. This area is now designated as a quiet place in John's memory.


Another place I saw that has Beatles history was the Ed Sullivan Theater. Of course now it is the home to The Late Show with David Letterman, but in February 1964 this was the site of rock and roll history.


Here are a few of my favorite artists paying homage to the city of New York.






No comments:

Post a Comment