Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010: What's In Store

What's the world got in store for you... (Wilco - What's the World Got in Store)

I remember last year at this time I was really excited about the new music that was to be released and events in the upcoming months; a new Springsteen cd, Superbowl Halftime show and tour; also new cds and tours from Wilco and U2. I didn't get to see any of these acts live, but the music of 2009 lived up to my expectations.

Here I am a year later and 2010, at least early on, doesn't measure up. I've looked ahead at some of the early releases and nothing really jumps out. There are a few of interest: Vampire Weekend Contra (Tuesday), Eels End Times (1/19), Drive-By Truckers The Big To-Do (3/16) & The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights (3/16-I am pretty pumped about this one). However, later on it gets better with new CD's by U2, The Shins and The Hold Steady. It is suprising that U2 is planning to release a new CD so soon after last years brilliant No Line On the Horizon. Another one on my wish list for 2010 is the remastered/with extras Bruce Springsteen Darkness on the Edge of Town.


This year's Superbowl halftime show is another of my all time favorites The Who. This would have been a great choice 35 years ago, but The Who have not been The Who since the great drummer Keith Moon died in 1978 or at best since their farewell tour of 1982 with Kenny Jones on drums. It will still be nice to see Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend live.I'm sure there will be some suprise releases and something out of the blue. Anyway to quote the Who - Long Live Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment